Robert Paine Scripps Seaside Forum Wedding – What You Need To Know
If you have always dreamt of a private, oceanfront wedding in San Diego, you have to see the Robert Paine Scripps Seaside Forum. This location offers sweeping ocean views, an outdoor ceremony lawn, easy beach access, a spacious indoor reception area, and a catering-friendly kitchen. Plus its La Jolla location is close to hotels for an easy guest commute. The reception building is modern and bright with lots of wood and glass. It can be transformed into a variety of styles to match your wedding personality. This is an extremely popular wedding venue – here are some of the reasons why:
- The oceanfront views
- Easy beach access
- Fits a variety of styles/decor
- Select your own caterer
- Provide your own alcohol/beverages
- Close proximity to hotels
- Private rooms for getting ready
- Attractive facility rental price
If you are considering the Robert Paine Scripps Seaside Forum for your wedding, here are a few insider tips to avoid any surprises:
- The parking is awful. There is a small parking lot open to the public for beach access on the weekends. You can (and should) reserve the parking spaces for your event at an additional cost. We also recommend either providing a guest shuttle from a local hotel or hiring a valet service, so your guests don’t have to deal with parking.
- Tables, chairs and other rentals are not included in the facility rental cost. Even though the cost to rent the forum is attractive, keep in mind you are only renting the space. This means that you will need to rent chairs, tables, linens, napkins, plates, silverware, glassware, etc from a rental vendor or from your caterer. When calculating your wedding budget, you will want to add those additional rental charges into your total for an accurate cost.
- Draping and lighting are extras. The Robert Paine Scripps Seaside Forum was designed as an educational forum. Most of the photos you see on pinterest show the back wall draped to hide the second story theater seats. Draping the back wall is gorgeous and softens the look of the room – however, this is an extra cost from an outside vendor. The same is true for the market lighting under the patio for cocktail hour and over the ceremony lawn.
- Even though you can provide your own alcohol, you are required to use the Forum’s exclusive vendor for bartending. They provide amazing service – you will be happy – but at an additional vendor cost. A quick note on providing your own alcohol – ensure you have someone assigned to deliver the alcohol to the forum on your wedding day. An average 100 guest wedding will require 50 bottles of wine, 150 beers and enough liquor to make 100 cocktails, plus waters, sodas and any garnishes – it can be a labor-intensive job to deliver that amount to the venue.
- Plan for wind. Ocean breezes are a daily occurrence at the venue. Most of the time, the wind is gentle and does not cause any issues. But have a backup plan in case of stronger winds for place cards, programs, signs, and any ceremony decor that could blow away.
The Robert Paine Scripps Seaside Forum is an ideal wedding venue for your beachfront San Diego wedding. It is a one-of-a-kind venue that will awe your guests and provide a stunning backdrop for your ceremony. There will be several vendors to coordinate for your wedding day, so we recommend having a professional planner on your vendor team to ensure every detail is perfect. Want more planning tips for your Scripps Seaside Forum wedding? Say hi using the form below and receive even more planning tips from Stephanie Rose Events.
Stephanie Rose Events is one of San Diego’s most trusted wedding planning teams. We guarantee your wedding will be exactly as you envision with every detail executed perfectly. We work with exclusive vendors to create a guest experience that is unique to you. Do you want to stress over the details, or be a Stephanie Rose Events bride and be a guest at your own wedding? Schedule your free wedding planning consultation here. We can’t wait to meet you!